I’m pretty happy with my day today.
First off I got recorded, mixed, & mastered the Remora song for a comp. I’m not going to leak the version for the comp, but here’s the demo:
Then I wrote a first draft for the next issue of REH that I am pretty happy with. I am planning for it to be an issue where the narrative portion has little to do with the images which I always like as a trick.
I had another Butterfly Corpse practice. I recorded some of it & will probably post a little of it tomorrow. I think it’s starting to gel. Strangely I think Darin is getting a little less satisfied in that he said something to the effect of, “We aren’t doing anything we could actually play again.” Which I don’t think is true, but it is a little bit jammy & I did have the exact same complaint about the band practices with The Pointless Forest not feeling like they were going anywhere. But I think with the recordings from this time it will give us two or three starting points that can recreate things pretty intentionally. Or maybe we’ll started doing a jam & then playing that jam again a few times & have notes on them to play them just like I do for the Remora song catalog.
I got some research done on more bloggers to contact. I also found a bunch of places that had posted about individual songs from the Remora album & not mentioned the album title so they slipped by Google Alerts. Kinda interesting to see that happening.
I also scored a couple of bottles to use for mead making. So I should get some brewing set up tomorrow.