So I started working on my Russian pop song cover. I ran into a problem that I was trying to get some samples off the original song & I couldn’t get the file to open in my ancient Sound Forge. It ends up the problem was the file title had non-recognizable characters. Took me about 45 minutes to figure that out. Anyway, I might try to do some stuff with adding vocals & such to it using my recently acquired from Hong Kong $2 USB microphone just because then I don’t need to turn on my music computer.
I talked to my son Andrew a bit today. He’s throwing together a last minute tour because his Texas summer fell through. I think his ability to throw a tour together somehow relates to how improvisational his music is compared to mine. I like to have everything planned. Even my most experimental & noisy & weird bits are controlled. The only thing that makes that non-apparent is my lack of decent fine-motor skills.
Sent out more promo messages today. I’m holding out a little while on the radio contacts & I haven’t done the webform contacts yet. I have this idea that I’m not actually going to institute where I would only send out one promo per disc sold. So if I only get 5 orders, there are only 5 promos going out. That way I don’t feel like I’m losing so much & giving so much away. Of course then I turn Silber into an even tinier label than it is, even if there is less money lost. I’d rather Silber run properly & just die than bleed out slowly like it seems to be doing.
I was kinda looking forward to the world ending tonight, alas it didn’t seem to happen. I guess there’s always December 21, 2012. Hoping for giant ants to come down from the moon for it & I hope they come to party (which is a joke that would make more sense if you’d heard a remix I’m working on about party aliens).